Monday, May 30, 2011

Cheap Books!

Reading is by far one of my favorite activities. It stimulates the imagination and teaches me a lot, it's relaxing and if done correctly can be very cheap. Here are a few ways you can turn this great past time into a frugal one.

Library: Utilize your local library by checking books out. They will often let you request books they do not have in stock and will get them new or from another library. If you are a audio book fan the library is the best way to get the book. Also the library is a great way to check out movies for free.

Paper Back Swap: Is a website where book trading takes place. It's an awesome way to share books for free. Also look in your local classified adds to find local Paper Back Swaps. I like the one that my University I work at hosts.

Amazon: Amazon is an awesome resource when looking for cheap books. You can buy new or used and at incredible prices. It's also a great recourse for selling books you are no longer using. If done correctly you can purchase books at practically no cost, by reading and then reselling on Amazon. If you do not have the space for book shelves go for the ebook option. Whenever I get a book for my Ipad it's much cheaper then if buying new from Amazon. However buying used is still the best gig.

Local used book stores: If you do not mind hunting for a while to find what you want Used book stores are extremely cheap and often fun. Spend an afternoon browsing through books.

Mega Stores: I do not really suggest using this method, there books are usually highly over priced however patience and a little bit of the coupon mentality can help. Waiting for large sales can often lead to great deals, just do not get sucked into purchasing a rewards system. If you work close to one maybe you should just use your lunch break reading a favorite book off the shelf during your break.

Share: Last but not least share books with friends, family, and co-workers. My siblings are really good at this and it gives us some to chat about which is always fun. I also have a cousin I love to share books with, every time I find a great one I want to pass it on to him.



Reading is typically a cheap past time and it's one of the best ways to learn. So happy reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment