Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Making Wednesdays the best working day of the week at work

For most of us our most powerful wealth building tool is our income. So excelling at work is essential to accumulating wealth and getting raises. For a long time Wednesday was the hardest day of the week for me to focus, concentrate and accomplish a lot. But I have found a formula that helps me make Wednesdays great.

I work on video projects each week which take a lot of preparation, a few days of shooting and a lot of post production editing. Shooting is my favorite part, seeing the preparation pay off as the camera rolls is a feeling that is hard to describe. I also love the the opportunity to take the current setting and see how I can add creative parts to any video. So I try to shoot on Wednesdays as often as I can. Pre-production often starts on Monday where I plan the shoot.I set up appointments get permission to shoot in certain areas and work with the script writer. Tuesdays I do shoot prep, getting equipment and other essentials ready. Then once Wednesday hits I am ready to do my favorite part and if shooting runs a few days over even better.

So my suggestion is make the day you struggle with the hardest but also most interesting day of the week. If your co-workers have a day they drag see if you can focus on that day and enhances the productivity of your entire office. Working hard brings recognition which leads to better job satisfaction and usually better compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment