Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Financial Food For Thought.

I start my day off by reading a few of my favorite blogs and news articles. Here articles I read today that I really enjoyed. 

1. Renting vs. Buying. I am a huge proponent of purchasing a home. However home ownership is not always what it is cracked up to be. This is an awesome article on why you may be better off renting.
http://christianpf.com/reasons-to-rent-instead-of-buy-a-home/

2. Hoping to recoup on a renovation? Here is an awesome article on what gives you your best bang for your buck. My wife and I purchased "fixer upper" this past May. We have done a substantial amount of cosmetic work, and are soon to undertake some bigger projects. Its nice to know our first major project was one of the best returns 'wood deck'. (will post pictures later)

3. Cleaning up your finances. No this is about getting out of credit card debt or taking care of your student loans. This is about the nasty, shameful things you wish you had never done!!!

4. I am all about making the big sacrifices now, to pay for a better future.
http://earlyretirementextreme.com/big-sacrifices-now-make-all-the-small-differences-later.html


 There are hundreds of awesome personal finance blogs out there. These are just a few of my favorite. I especially enjoy how different each ones take is on finance. One thing they all have in common. Save money, grow money, enjoy money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment