Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thrift Store Fun.

One of my favorite things about being frugal is finding great deals at thrift stores. Once every few weeks I head over to the local thrift store to take a look at what they have. I have found some really great deals doing this. It's a great place to find furniture for great prices and fix up to look exactly how you want. However I spend most of my time in the book section looking for personal finance or self help books. In fact, all but one book I have reviewed on pinchapenny was purchased from a thrift store. A few weeks ago our TV died and so the hunt began. We looked into a lot of options including buying a new TV. Luckily my wife helped restrain me from buying a brand new 60 inch flat screen. (electronics are my weakness) After a few trips to the thrift store we found one that we really liked. I grabbed a video game console and plugged it into the TV. Turned it on to check out the image and sound quality, looked great so we bought it. It set us back $50 and we couldn't be happier.

Do you look for deals at the thrift store? What was your best find?

No comments:

Post a Comment