Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Living a do it yourself lifestyle.

Do it yourself: keeps popping up everywhere, and I think it is for the best. It helps hone talents and abilities, fosters creativity and innovation. My wife and I have really thrown ourselves into this lifestyle and we love it. Keeping with the value of this blog it also saves us money. We just purchased a home and rather than spending thousands of dollars on new furniture we have been doing it ourselves. We spend our afternoons and saturdays looking at used funiture that can be refurbished. I have also been doing a lot of work in the yard using supplies leftover from the previous owners projects. I have posted several of the projects we have done on the blog already. One that I am trying to finish up before the snow flies is a pathway to our back entrance. All of the supplies I have used were found on our property. Right before we moved in, the house had a new waterline put in. So the yard was really torn up. However we are making great use of the unearthed rocks. I hope to put a post a week about new things we are doing. Most of all I want to see what you are doing.

(after the snow melts off the pathway I will post some pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment